- A new Program in Schools to be released in T20 World Cup Host Locations to cement the tournaments legacy.
- 6 ‘Zonal Leads’ to be hired in those regions to support the rollout of the program.
The Cricket Heroes program represents the exciting beginning of a journey for countless Americans toward becoming lifelong cricket enthusiasts and players. Our mission is to introduce cricket to thousands of American children, offering them a fun, social, action-packed, and engaging first experience with the sport.
As part of our efforts to roll out and manage this program, USA Cricket is seeking to appoint 6 Zonal Leads, with one male and one female leader in each of the identified target cities. The targeted cities are the 2024 T20 Cricket World Cup host cities – Nassau County New York; Grand Prairie, Dallas, Texas; Broward County, Florida.
About the Role:
As a Zonal Lead, you will report to the Development Manager and play a pivotal role in:
• Training and Supervising Activators: You will lead and guide a team of ‘activators’ who will assist in delivering the Cricket Heroes program in identified schools and school districts within your designated zone.
• School Outreach: Your responsibilities will include reaching out to schools to enrol them in the program and explaining its benefits.
• Maintaining School Relationships: You will be tasked with nurturing and managing ongoing relationships with schools and school districts.
• Achieving Annual KPIs: You will work towards achieving specific annual Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), provided during an annual weekend-long training event.
To Be Successful in This Role, You Will Need:
• A Passion for Working with Children and Youth: An enthusiasm for working with children and young people to create a positive and enjoyable introduction to cricket.
• Experience in Cricket or Sports Programs: Relevant experience in delivering cricket or sports programs and/or coaching.
• Excellent Communication Skills: The ability to liaise effectively with schools, providing high-quality customer service and building strong relationships.
• Team Player Attitude: A willingness to collaborate within a team, adapt to various roles, and establish positive working relationships.
• Leadership Qualities: Strong leadership skills, coupled with a vibrant and confident personality.
If you are excited to be a part of this groundbreaking project, working with a fantastic group of people, and believe you have what it takes, don’t hesitate! Submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] today. We encourage you to apply early, as we will be reviewing applications as they are received.
Application Deadline: Applications close at 11:59pm Pacific on Monday October 30, 2023.
Requirements: To be considered for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in the United States and possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Our recruitment process is fair and inclusive, and we encourage our applicants to let us know if we can make it more user-friendly for them. We value diverse perspectives and the contribution every one of our people makes to our culture.
Join us in shaping the future of cricket in the United States!
Position Title: Cricket Heroes – Zonal Lead
Location: T20 World Cup Host Cities (Nassau County, NY/Grand Prairie, TX/Broward County, FL)
Hours: Flexible, as needed/casual
Remuneration: Stipend for remainder of 2023
If you have any additional questions please contact USA Cricket Development Manager Jamie Lloyd at [email protected]
FOR MORE DETAILS CONTACT
Email: [email protected]
ABOUT USA CRICKET
USA Cricket is the National Federation for cricket in the United States, officially recognized by the International Cricket Council (ICC). Our mission is to govern, regulate, develop, and promote all forms of cricket at all levels within the United States. We are dedicated to enabling U.S. cricketers to achieve sustained competitive excellence and successfully compete in national and international competitions.
Our diverse Board of Directors, representing various cricket stakeholder groups, is committed to leading the sport to new heights. We create and administer value-added programs to grow and develop cricket, ensuring that it remains a thriving and inclusive sport within the United States.
We extend our gratitude to all members, volunteers, umpires, coaches, administrators, parents, and supporters who contribute to the growth of cricket in the United States. Your unwavering support is instrumental in our journey to success, and we look forward to a bright future for cricket in the USA.
For further updates and information, please visit our website at www.usacricket.org