USA Cricket have noted recent claims in the media regarding a number of ongoing matters and wish to issue several critical clarifications.
- All players of the Men’s National Team have been fully paid all player payments and match fees ahead of the ongoing tour of Africa for the Global T20 Qualifier – any claim to the contrary in the media is entirely false in nature.
- All player payments for all USA Men’s and Women’s cricketers are given the utmost priority and managed to ensure that they are paid on time and in full.
- USA Cricket acknowledges that some volunteers and umpire payments are still pending primarily due to administrative issues, and are working to resolve it asap.
- USA Cricket takes its responsibilities towards its players and the duty of care which it has for those players, many of which are minors, with huge importance.
- All leaks of confidential player and board information is being taken very seriously by the USA Cricket Board of Directors.
USA Cricket would like to thank the wider American cricket community for their support through a hugely important time for the sport in North America. We urge everyone to support our Men’s National Team as they attempt to make history in Zimbabwe tomorrow and qualify for a first senior ICC World Cup vs Netherlands in the semi-final. We also wish to congratulate the USA U19 Women’s team on their success as the champions of the 2022 Cricket West Indies Rising Stars Women’s Under 19 T20 Championship.
Finally, USA Cricket as an organization is united behind all of our representative teams and wishes to place on record its sincere appreciation for all USA Cricket stakeholders, sponsors, players, staff and committee members for their ongoing commitment to growing American cricket.