- USA Cricket is adding a new volunteer role to further streamline and professionalize the women’s domestic pathway intraregional program.
- Volunteer Team Coordinators will help oversee the organization, growth, and management of Intraregional Teams
USA Cricket is further expanding its volunteer program by adding Volunteer Team Coordinators (VTC’s) to dedicate their efforts and help manage the women’s intraregional teams to ensure the domestic pathway continues to progress in 2024.
USA Women’s Cricket currently has 14 teams participating in the domestic program, from 9 states across the country, and the District of Columbia, including CA, TX, GA, NC, MN, NY, NJ, MA, and WA. Player registration for next season is targeted to take place early January and registration numbers will determine if more teams/states are to be added in 2024.
The intra-regional competition is the first step in the official USA Cricket pathway and provides players the opportunity to showcase their Attitude, Fitness, Skill, and Performance. Outstanding players will be selected to advance to regionals/nationals or may be invited to attend key training initiatives at USA Cricket Hubs. In 2024 the female program will see national championship events in three categories: for the women, U19 women, and U15 girls.
In preparation for the 2024 domestic season, the Volunteer Team Coordinators (VTCs) will be asked to complete training sessions in late January/early February and volunteer an average of 10 hours per month, January through April. The workload will likely increase during May and June when VTCs will be required to oversee the organization, support, and management of their assigned team during the 2024 season. Typical areas of responsibility may include:
• identifying local sponsors
• organizing match venues and training sessions
• coordination of uniform shirts and match balls
• maintaining good community relations by informing and educating players, parents, leagues, and academies
• ensuring team is aware of policies and all players/support staff are compliant
• work with interns and supply content for social media posts
• collaboration with VTCs, Hub leads, coaching staff, officials, interns, volunteers, and USAC staff.
This role will report to the Women’s Coordinator and pre-approved expenses will be reimbursed.
USA Cricket invites people to register their interest no later than January 3, 2024 11:59 PM PST. Volunteer Women Coordinators previously involved with supporting the women’s program are encouraged to apply.
Please register at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/USACricket-WTC